Menu
Imrie
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Box HDD skipping noise

Joined VM on Saturday and had the TiVo delivered. Since the moment I turned it on I could hear an intermittent (every 10-20 seconds) click/skip from the HDD. I'm aware that there is a passive buffer on the channels and a hum from the TiVo is to be expected. But this definitely sounds faulty and you can hear it over quieter moments on the television programmes.

Is this a common issue? Will VM send a replacement TiVo?

Thanks,
Callum
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Box HDD skipping noise

If it's found to be a faulty box of course they will, you may need to call for an engineer. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Box HDD skipping noise

Hi Callum,

Welcome to Virgin Media and the Community Forum--it's great to have you on board. I'm sorry that you've experienced a problem with your new TiVo and a big thanks to LittleMick73 for jumping in to help!

I've been able to test your equipment and can see a problem with the TiVo, so I'd like to arrange an engineer visit to get this fixed. I'll send you a private message requesting further details so I can schedule an appointment for you. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page. 

Speak soon,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos