Menu
bungle1979
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TIVO box recordings stuttering / playing back slowly

Hi

Recently all the recordings on our TIVO box have started either slowing right down (usually around 5-10 minutes in) or stuttering during playback (sometimes both), whereby the recordings become pixellated and very blocky when trying to watch and the sounds usually cuts out completely - to the point where we're losing 30 seconds-1 minute of recordings at a time nowadays.

It sounds very similar to the issues suffered by other users in this thread... TiVo box - stuttering on playback

At first the problem was usually solved by stopping the recording and restarting, but this no longer seems to have an effect.

We have attempted the tricks recommended for the slow TIVO boxes in the sticky on this forum but this does not seem to help either.

We can't put our finger on anything that exacerbates the problem either - we have recently deleted a chunk of space on the box in case a fuller hard drive was causing it but to no avail.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO box recordings stuttering / playing back slowly

Hi bungle1979,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you've had trouble with your TiVo®.

I've run diagnostics on your account and I can see an issue with the hard drive in the box. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange for a technician to visit.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos