Menu
liammcdonnell
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TIVO audio stuttering on HD channels

In the last couple of days (since a recent software update) I have noticed that I am getting stuttering on HD channels on my TIVO box. This happens on live broadcasts as well as on recordings.

Comparing the live broadcasts on HD with the SD version shows that the problem is specifically HD audio. The picture appears fine.

The problem disappeared when I switched the box off via the switch at the back for a few minutes, but it was only clear for a short while until it warmed up again.

It specifically applies to programs which actually broadcast HD audio and not such channels as BBC News HD.

Forcing the audio to "Dolby Digital to PCM" mode removes the problem but also removes the surround sound capability - I have the audio piped to an external Dolby Digital receiver via an optical TOSLINK cable which has been working fine for years until now.

Is this a known generic issue or is it likely to be limited to my current hardware?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TIVO audio stuttering on HD channels

Hi liammcdonnell,

Thank you for taking the time to come back to us.

I am sorry to read that there's been some stuttering on the TiVo, I would like to help and have already been into the services and seen some timeouts that would need to be looked at.

I would need for you to reboot the box to allow me to monitor this.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos