Menu
bethroberts_80
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Spillage on tivo box

Hi
I've accidentally spilled something on the tivo box and it's dead now.

Ive had the same box for nearly 3 years.

Please could someone advise if I am liable for the costs to replace the tivo box or if I'm due an upgrade perhaps?

If I'm liable for the cost could you give me a rough idea of how much it will be.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spillage on tivo box

hi beth roberts what was it that you spilt as the liquid gone in through the holes on the box as far as i know the charges for damaged or broken replaced boxes cost nothing the engineer will replace you with another box does the box activate or any lights light up if not then its damaged im not to sure about this kind of problem i can message 1 of the virgin team they will contact you im sure its free many thanks jonni

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you've damaged the box you will more than likely be liable for the cost of it I'm afraid. 

They cannot deal with this query on the forum because of the Data Protection Act so you'll need to phone in. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi bethroberts_80,

Sorry to hear that your TiVo has stopped working after something was spilt on it.

We will need to arrange a replacement box for you, and as the equipment has been damaged, there is a charge for this. I have completed the form to report the damaged equipment. 

I will need to take more information from you in order to arrange an appointment with one of our engineers to replace your TiVo. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help