Menu
technut
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Sooooooooooooo Slow TIVO

I have been in touch with Virgin several times over a few months now complaining about the TiVO box as it as become a joke, I was told it was a firmware issue but unfortunately they had no fix but they are bringing a new box out at the end of the year but was then told they have not even tested it yet. I asked if I it could replace it with the HD + box but they said they do not have anymore as they are redundant. so I ask if I could bring they one I have upstairs and replace the Tivo downstairs as it works a lot better albeit I will loose the functionality I have on the TIVO but at least it is watchable, then I would remove the Tivo from my package they said fine and they would refund me £3 what a disgrace for the issues we have had with it.

I have been with Virgin since day dot but over the last year or 2 the service as become extremely poor apart from broadband they are starting to fall way behind the competition in all other departments so I am starting to look else where even there mobile network is still only on 3g

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sooooooooooooo Slow TIVO

Hi Technut,

I hope you have been keeping well, I'm sorry to read that you're being affected by the slowness on the TiVo. 

While this is something that is ongoing, we wouldn't want you to think we've forgotten about it, we're not able to give any official details of a resolution but from what I can see here, there is some progress being made.

In the nature of being thorough, I ran some tests to check up on the connection, It looks like any broadband you may have are having some power level issues and would need an engineer. If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos