Menu
headsiwin
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Sony bravia TV keep turning off when connected to TIVO box

I have a sony bravia tv and when connected (via HDMI)to TIVO box it turn off randomly (typically 4-5 times an hour). It does not turn off when it is not connected. It has been doing this over the last 6 months and is driving us made - especially when it does it in the middle of the rugby world cup games!! We have returned it twice to Sony and they have kept it for a a week at a time leaving ti on and it has not turned off. They have replaced the power pack twice. I have changed the HDMI cable twice. I can only conclude that is a fault with the TIVO box. Any ideas adn hekp appreciated??

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sony bravia TV keep turning off when connected to TIVO box

Hi headsiwin

Welcome to the Community, I'm massively sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment. 

Does the TV power totally off or go into Standby? Or is it the set top box that's rebooting causing the picture to disappear? Do you use any other devices on the TV? Like a DVD player or games console?

So I can take a closer look at this from our end too, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

We'll talk soon!

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos