Menu
grambo1956
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky movies HD on demand

Sky movies on demand no longer giving the option to watch movies in HD, until recently when you selected movie the next page on Tivo gave you the option to watch from sky HD this is no longer appears just plays movie in SD only happened in last couple of days

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky movies HD on demand

Hi grambo1956,

A warm welcome to the community forum Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the HD programmes are showing SD content for you.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

Can you please let me know 1 or 2 examples of what you have ordered that are showing as HD but displayed as SD when it played out?

I have taken an initial look at your box remotely and all looks fine so far.  If you don't mind telling me a couple of examples, I can check further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
grambo1956
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Air Force One I have previously watched and there was choice to watch it from HD on demand or SD on demand info shows it as available on sky movies & HD, The Longest day is now the same, the Commancheros, The Sum of all Fears also I have recently watched the first five Harry Potter films which were all available in HD although some  are now showing as only available in SD, Taken 3 extended version which I recently watched in HD now only shows in SD. The standard version is available in HD

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi grambo1956, 

Thanks for your posts on this and let me explain what's happened here.

We've made a change to our platform whilst we make some upgrades to our systems and this means reducing the number of Sky Movies HD On Demand content. 

It's important to note that this is a temporary change and once our upgrades are complete, things will return to normal. 

The good thing is that you can continue to watch Sky Movies in HD via your TiVo® and you can still set those all important movies to record in HD. The latest Sky Movies titles and blockbusters will still be available to view On Demand in HD for 30 days. After which only the SD version will be available. 

We're not making any changes to the number of Sky Movies titles in SD and the total will remain at 1000  

I hope that explains what’s happened here and of course if you have any further questions on this please just let me know.

Thanks,
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos