cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Top box reboots after trying BBC Iplayer

Stibbs39
Joining in

Watching BBC IPlayer recently causes it to freeze with a black screen and then the box re-boots, it has also happened a couple of times when using the menu options.  The box has re-booted a few times of the last few days.  

Not sure if its related but I have also had isseus with recorded programs being pixalated and freezing for 4-5 seconds and then play and then freeze, sometimes this can go on for minutes.  

Diagnostics doesn't show anything wrong and I have checked that the connections are tightened.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm not sure what diagnostics it is that you've run, but TiVo boxes were first launched 13 years ago and are new quite elderly by current standards. Also any TV box that's rebooting regularly, has a fault - not to mention the symptoms of hard-drive issues that you describe.

You should report your TiVo fault, and it should be replaced with a V6 which runs the exact same software but on a much newer - and quicker - box, providing you have VM home broadband.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm not sure what diagnostics it is that you've run, but TiVo boxes were first launched 13 years ago and are new quite elderly by current standards. Also any TV box that's rebooting regularly, has a fault - not to mention the symptoms of hard-drive issues that you describe.

You should report your TiVo fault, and it should be replaced with a V6 which runs the exact same software but on a much newer - and quicker - box, providing you have VM home broadband.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Stibbs39
Joining in

Thanks Japitts -  It was the diagnostics in the help & settings, I think it just checks the signal strength for the channel your on, I thought it might have a log or something.  I've had the box since they were introduced, I think the one before that was a NTL one.

Hi there @Stibbs39 👋 Welcome to out forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you are having issues wit your box when using Iplayer.  As @japitts has suggested, it would be best to see if we can upgrade your box to a newer model.

I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi @Stibbs39 

Thanks for joining us on PM and allowing us to sort this for you 🙂

Please let us know how the new box is and if you ever need further assistance, please pop back to the community.

Best wishes

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill