Menu
wizzard93
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Possible HDD issue on TIVO Box

Hi

Over the last week I have had recordings freezing and pixelating and breaking up. These have been from different channels and at different times.

I have had no issues with live transmissions so leads me to believe that it may be an issue with the HDD

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible HDD issue on TIVO Box

Yes it's probably dying. Time for an engineer I'm afraid. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there wizzard93, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some of your recordings freezing and pixelating, I'd love to help you out here. 

I've done some testing on the TiVo® and whilst I can't see any issues with the hard drive, I am seeing some quite low power levels, which may explain this for you. 

So I'd like to arrange for someone to call out and investigate further for you, I've sent you a private message in order to get things moving. 

Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
beaker656
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Here's a quick test for you. It'll isolate a possible tuner issue.
1, ensure there are no upcoming recordings.

2, set 3 recordings going on 3 HD channels.

3, press Home, go to help & settings, then system info, diagnostics.

4, now scroll down and you will "channel sources" and just underneath Tuner 0. Make a note of the channel it is recording.

5, Scroll down and do the same for Tuner 1 and 2

6, Stop the recordings and play them back. If you find a pixilated recording look and see which channel you were recording and what tuner was in use.

If you do find a poor recording, try again recording different HD channels. Now see if there is any commonality of bad recordings and the tuner used.
I've found you'll only get it occasionally when all 3 tuners are in use, but it may give you something definitive to push to VM for a replacement Tivo due to a failed tuner.

Hope it's of some use.
0 Kudos