Menu
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Picture breakup - need a signal check

The folks have been complaining about picture breakup so I checked the signal levels via the diagnostics menu and  all 3 tuners were showing signal strengths between 19% and 28% and SNR levels of 35db to 38db. Although the levels looked a little low (I am sure signal strength used to be in the high 30's to low 40's) there was no breakup at the time.

Tonight on Sky Sports 1 HD there is a some picture breakup and tearing occurring so I checked the diagnostics again. Whilst two tuners are showing signal strengths of 19% and SNR of 35db the tuner that is on Sky Sports 1 HD is showing signal strengths of 3% and 32/33db:

Low Signal Strength 2.jpg

Low Signal Strength 1.jpg

You will also see that we are experiencing RS errors. Can someone check our signal levels as I said earlier I believe they have dropped quite considerably.

Note the breakup only appears to be happening on the Living Room TiVo, Richard's TiVo (and the broadband Hub) are connected via a HDU amplifier and appear to be unaffected.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture breakup - need a signal check

Hi G4DDS,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear your having trouble with your service.

I've run some diagnostics on your equipment and I can definitely see some issues with the input signal levels. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange for a technician to sort it out.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos