Menu
andybee
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Picture break up during recordings

When watching back a recording, at a random point during the recording we sometimes get a picture breakup where it's completely unwatchable and sound stutters for around 40-60s before returning and carrying on as normal. We've never seen the same during watching "live" or on-demand programming.

Looks suspiciously like a hard drive fault and it's hitting a corrupted area of the disc. Box was installed in 2011 and has had frequent use ever since, so wouldn't be surprised if it is past its best.

Please could you advise how I can get a replacement TiVo sent out? Is it as simple as calling 150 and requesting it?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture break up during recordings

Hi andybee,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing pixelated picture during your recorded playback.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have taken a look at your box remotely, whilst signal and power levels are fine, the hard drive status does show errors that is most likely causing this fault.

I will arrange for an engineer to call out for you.  All the details will be in a private message for you.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos