Menu
manfa37
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Perfect Picture but no sound on my TiVo Box

Hi all 

Hopefully someone can shed some light.

I had an issue with my Tivo box, it was working fine one minute, went out came back and the sound had dissappeared.  I switched the boxes over with the other we have upstairs all working fine sound and all.  I called tech suport and they said it was the HDMI firstly.  They said they would send sime signals to the box, in the meantime i took the card out wiped it and replaced it working fine.

could it have been the card was dirty, or is it something that the tech guy did with the signals they were sending.  I only want to know as they have booked and engineer and i dont want them to have a wasted journey

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Perfect Picture but no sound

Hi manfa37,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

There can be a number of reasons for loss of sound on the TiVo®.  Things we'd check for:

* Loose/fault HDMI lead.

* Whether it affects some or all channels.

* If the mute button has been activated on TiVo® or TV remote control.

* Check for possible signal faults our end with the box in question.

Whilst a reboot often fixes these types of issues, if it doesn't work and the above has been checked then we would send an engineer round.  I have had an initial look at your TiVo® box and signal wise all looks great.  Everything is looking fine from here so far.  This could indicate a faulty lead or HDMI socket in the box or TV set.  It could also be another fault aspect to the box itself or an undetected signal fault.

How are things looking today?  If you have checked the above and none has resolved, I'd keep the engineer appointment.

Let me know how you're getting on.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos