Menu
Davecd32
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Noisy box

Morning All, 

I have recently made the move from sky to Virgin which overall I have been more than happy with but , and it's a big but my TiVo box makes a loud pulsating noise, so loud that I can clearly hear it over the normal TV volume, so I suppose my question is, is this normal for the virgin boxes or do i need to get them looked out ....if it's normal I'm not sure I can put up with the noise and may have to go back to sky ?l

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Noisy box

Hi there Davecd32, 

I'd like to take some time to welcome you both to Virgin Media, and to our community. I'm really sorry to hear that the TiVo® has been making a bit of a racket there, whilst the TiVo® does make a little sound whilst in operation, this shouldn't be so loud you can hear it over the TV volume. 

I've done some testing on your connection, and can see that the TiVo® is reporting a number of issues, with the power levels, and also with the Hard Drive. This may well explain your issue, as the box is working overtime trying to keep up. I'd like to book a technician to call out and take a look at things for you, so I've sent you a private message in order to get the wheels in motion. Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once more,

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos