Menu
Rab142
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Noisy Tivo Box

Hi There,

I've just switched from Sky to Virgin and had my Tivo box installed two days ago and it's making a chugging/whirring noise when watching tv. The noise is unacceptably high, as I can hear it over my t,v even when the sound on the tv is quite loud. I've searched the forum and it seems this is a common problem. I've tried all the usual stuff like lifting it up and placing it on foam pads or a towel and although this helps a bit I can still hear it over my t.v. I never had this problem with the Sky box and there is no way I will be able to live with this noise. My Tivo box is made by Cisco and I've read that the ones made by Samsung don't make this noise. Please help as I'm starting to regeret I ever switched from Sky!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Noisy Tivo Box

Hi rab142

Welcome to the Community, I'm massively sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo box at the moment.

I've not been able to locate your account to run some tests on the set top box unfortunately, so I can take a closer look and run some tests on this for you, would you be able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? 

You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing, we'll speak soon!

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos