Menu
Gspencer1977
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Noisy TiVo hard drive

Hi.

Just changed over from sky to virgin. Am very disappointed with my TiVo box. It's just so noisy. I can here it from 15' away with the tv sound at a normal level. I assume it's the hard drive working away.

I can't even sit in my lounge reading as it's constantly buzzing away even when on standby.

I've tried rubber feet and felt pads on the feet. I've even moved it out of the TV unit and placed it on top of the unit but still it's so noisy. Thinking about getting my sky box out again!!

Any help would be appreciated before I lose my mind

Thanks
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Noisy TiVo hard drive

hi Gspencer1977

Welcome to the Community and to Virgin Media, I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with the TiVo box at the moment.

Although we expect the TiVo box to have a little noise I wouldn't expect it to be loud enough to put you off doing what you'd normally do, so with that in mind I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end.

We're not detecting any issues but as it's causing some inconvenience I'd like to arrange for someone to come and take a closer look, if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos