Menu
Alexander-M
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Noisy/Rumbling TiVo

I have 2 TiVo boxes in the house however the one in the living room is noisy/rumbling. My daughter had TiVo in this same property and even with the sound muted you barely heard a sound from it. If I lift the TiVo the noise stops, having placed my ear on the side of the box it's the HDD that is making all the noise sounds like the HDD never stops spinning and is definitely louder than TiVo boxes we have had in the property in the past. The one upstairs is whisper quiet, is it possible to have the box swapped as it's very distracting and rather annoying, thanks.
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Noisy/Rumbling TiVo

There is a good chance the unit it is sitting on amplifies the noise. If you swap the boxes around you may find the whisper quiet one is noisy in the living room
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Noisy/Rumbling TiVo

Hi Alexander-M Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting,

I am sorry to read that you have experienced some loid noise coming from one of the TiVo's. I can see where Jb66's post is coming from and whilst this may be a factor, I've looked at the connection and ran some tests. it's clear to see that there are some issues on one of the hard drives as you suspected, this would need to be looked at and possibly replaced by an engineer.

If you can have a little look inside your Inbox, you'll see I've sent you a Private Message. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope.

Speak to you soon and welcome into the Community.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos