Menu
Honeycub
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Noisey tivo box

My new tivo box is driving me mad. It is constantly making a drumming sound. Only had it for a few days and which I had never changed from my HD box.  Is there anything I can do to stop it or does it need replacing?

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Noisey tivo box

if it continues to drum when you pick it up it's more than likely you'll need it replaced, sounds like a rattly hard disk.

if it quietens down you might get away with sticking it on some rubber feet of some sort, it help to absorb the vibration.

whatever you have to do, do it before you start building up a library - you'll lose your recordings if it needs replacing.

and, if I may do a little self promotion Smiley Happy

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/TiVo-replaced-things-to-double-check-before-the-engineer-de...

Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Noisey tivo box

Hi there Honeybub, 

I'd first of all alike to welcome you to the forum, and say that I'm really sorry to hear that your TiVo® is making all sorts of noise. 

I've run some checking from this end and can see no sign of issues on your TiVo®, the hard drive is reporting back as no errors, and all the signals seem to be spot on. 

I would suggest having a look through the points that sjp123 made, as this may help, if it doesn't, let me know and I can arrange for someone to call out and take a look at it for you if the noise is excessive. 

Let me know how it all goes. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos