Menu
superhoops
Joining in
Message 1 of 535
Flag for a moderator

No sound on recordings and after pausing or rewinding tv

If I pause or rewind TiVo I get no sound. only if I change channel I get sound back.

When I try my recordings ive also no sound.

Have rebooted TiVo and changed hdmi cable, ive got a 5.1 surround sound.

Problem as been for the last 3 or 4 days

0 Kudos
JamesMcN
Joining in
Message 2 of 535
Flag for a moderator

Re: No sound on recordings and after pausing or rewinding tv

I have exactly the same problem. It happened at the same time as well. Have we had a software update that's generated this problem? 

superhoops
Joining in
Message 3 of 535
Flag for a moderator

Just bought a new digital optic cable just in case that was the problem to no avail.

still no sound

0 Kudos
JamesMcN
Joining in
Message 4 of 535
Flag for a moderator

We both get the same problem at the same time. That's clearly nothing to do with any of our equipment other than the Tivo. I'm also using an optical output, fed through an Onkyo AV amp.

Why the silence from the Virgin people here (no pun intended)? This fault is a massive pain in the neck to have to work around.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 5 of 535
Flag for a moderator

This is primarily a user forum so it appears no other forum users have had this problem or can give a solution. It can take a mod on here a few days to answer so best to phone it in and give them a sporting chance to fix it. 

0 Kudos
superhoops
Joining in
Message 6 of 535
Flag for a moderator

Have you had any joy?
Still no thing here, changed optic cable, hdmi cable , rebooted again last night still no success
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 535
Flag for a moderator

Hi there superhoops and JamesMcN, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are experiencing some sound issues when playing back recordings, and I'd like to help you out as much as I can. 

You both mention that you use external sound equipment - could you please do a test and just run the sound through the TV - Are you still getting this issue?

Can you please try changing the audio settings on the TiVo® to see if that helps (HOME - HELP AND SETTINGS - SETTINGS - AUDIO - DOLBY DIGITAL) please change this to the opposite option that is selected - does this help?

If you could let me know that would be great. 

Apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
superhoops
Joining in
Message 8 of 535
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw, if I change it over from dolby digital to pcm I will get sound on recordings and after pausing and rewinding live tv but it wont be in surround sound.

On dolby digital sound don't work on hd recordings or if you paused or rewind live tv.

Ive  changed hdmi cable and optic sound cable so know they ok

0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 535
Flag for a moderator

Been reporting this since Virgin Media Tivo was in beta release. For all the good it did Smiley Mad Settings make no difference at all, not that degrading the functionality would be a resolution anyway.

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 535
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

Thank you for the further information, I've passed this further up the chain for investigation, as soon as I hear any further information I will let you know.

Out of interest, could you please let me know the make and model of your Sound equipment?

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos