Menu
rosecol1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Netflix buffering at 25%

We receive Netflix through our Tivo box for just over 1 year. everything was ok at first now when we try to watch a programme/film in Netflix we get stuck at 25% when loading, when eventually it loads (if we haven't given up) then part way through programme we get either "Internet connection has failed" or " unable to continue watching and to try again". It is getting worse.

I contacted Virgin media and John was very helpful, he did allsorts of things his end and then left me with instructions to carry out myself. turned on Netflix last night and it loaded straight away to the programme, then froze, stuck at 25%. then restarted.

I can see this has been a problem for a couple of years at least.

WHO IS TO BLAME?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix buffering at 25%

Hi rosecol1,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry for the disruption you are experiencing with Netflix right now.  I'd like to help check this out for you.

I have carried out some checks with your TiVo® remotely and all signal and power levels are fine.  I did detect there is some high demand on the network your TiVo® is connected to.  This will cause buffering/cutting out at intermittent levels.

I have escalated this to our network engineers as we need to work to improve this for you.  It may take some time due to the nature of the work required to alleviate the high demand.  This will also impact other Apps like BBC iPlayer/YouTube also.  

In addition we do have an issue that we're working with Netflix, we're yet to have any success in getting to a solution but we are working on it.  As soon as we know more we shall let you know.

Thank you for your patience.  If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to ask.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos