Menu
Stalbi
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving TIVO box and router

Hi, I am wanting to re-locate my tv in the same room, but the existing cable isn't long enough.
If I am using 10m extension cable, am I using it for the socket to splitter, or from splitter to router & TIVO box - in which case I would need 2 x 10m cables?
Also, will there be any potential issues for broadband speed / picture quality?
Any help would be great..just a bit nervous moving things 😏
Thanks
Stephen

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving TIVO box & router

Hi Stephen, 

Thank you for your question Smiley Happy

The cables are run at specific length to calculate the correct balance of signal noise on the connection, this balance make sure that you don't lose or gain any signals on the the service, which give you the high quality. Whenever there are improvements in the home or you wish to move things around, it's best to get in touch with us on 150/ 0345 454 1111 and we can arrange this to be moved properly. There is a fee of £99, this is to guarantee a working service when we move it.

Keep in touch and thank you.

Ben 

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving TIVO box & router

As above, the signal levels at your property are adjusted for the cable length currently in use. Adjustments have to be made at the street cabinet if these are changed. Also you have to bear in mind that the cables are shared network with your neighbours (which may be affected by your alterations), & are Virgins property

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile