Menu
sarahg83
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Missing recording

We switched to Virgin TiVo only a week ago and are still struggling to get our head round how the box actually works.

Saw something we wanted to record and it already had the red R next to it. Went in to check it was recording, and it said it was. Went to look for the recording so we could watch it and it was nowhere to be found.

Finally found it under 'Suggestions' with the red R still next to it, but after deleting a few different suggestions, this particular one disappeared. Doesn't show in the Suggestions any more, nor in the main list, nor in the deleted items.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missing recording

Hi sarahg83,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and show you our Discover TiVo® guide in case it may be useful for you.

To set a programme to record you can do this in different ways.

1.  From the TV guide - select the programme you're after from the guide and press the R button.  You will have the option to select just that programme or setup a Series Link.

2. Use the Search & Browse function - If you know what programme you're after you can search for it directly and choose to record it, watch it On Demand (If available).

3.  Setup a Wish List - You can setup a Wish List using key words or actor/ess names and it will pick up anything that has those key words in the synopsis. 

The Suggestions feature can be quite useful, as time goes on it will learn the kinds of programmes you watch and will automatically record them for you.  As you found already it will be stored in the 'Suggestions' folder for you to watch.  If you prefer to not use this feature it can be turned off.  Just follow these steps:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > RECORDINGS > SUGGESTIONS > ON/OFF

Setting up a Series Link will ensure you will not miss out on any missed programmes.  

I will also just leave our 'Suggestions' guide here for you incase it may also be useful: How do I teach my TiVo box what I like watching?

I hope this helps, if you do have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.  We're here to help.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos