Menu
AmanK
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

L19 Broadband Speed + Other queries

I've been with virgin for one week now.

Broadband speed should be 100mbps.

I'm only getting 37mbps download and 5mbps upload.

I've checked at all times throughout the day, weekend and week day.

Please advise urgently as am within the 28 days cancellation period.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: L19 Broadband Speed + Other queries

Hi AmanK,

I'm really sorry as this Forum does not offer rapid response times - and, before you speak your mind (for which I shouldn't blame you in the least), I should add that we do aim to reply much faster than we do at present and we're working hard to catch-up with current workload.

So, in regards to your reported issue, my tests of your connection are looking good.

No Hub or network errors at least. The fact that the reduced speeds are evident at all times would pretty much rule out any peak time issue anyway.

If you don't mind I'd like to strip things back to basics and start from there:

• Please disconnect all devices to the Hub bar one.
  • Make sure that the single connected device is connected to the Hub via Ethernet.
  • Access your Hub's Interface pages and disable the wireless (advanced settings > wireless > wireless signal = disable both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies. Click apply changes.
  • Run a speed test via speedtest.net, using the default servers, and post the results on here.

You could try connecting a different device and repeat the last step to see if there's any change to the speed results.

As soon as you've done that and posted an update I'll investigate this further for you.

Oh and I should add that to achieve the 100mb speeds you'll need to have:

• A gigabit network interface card (for wired connections).
  • An N or AC standard dual/multi stream WLAN card (for wireless connections).
  • A Cat6 or Cat5e Ethernet cable.

Bye for now,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos