Menu
Grahams-Boy
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Issue with iPad connection.

Evening all. 

Firstly can I apologise if this question has already been asked, I did look to see if it was but couldn't find anything. Im trying to connect my iPad to my TiVo am getting this message ever time (see picture) 

image.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue with iPad connection.

What were you trying to do?

Were you trying to stream a channel?

You can only stream channels with the wifi symbol, like 104 in your picture. Try 104.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue with iPad connection.

Hi Grahams-Boy,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you getting involved in the Community Smiley Happy

As mentioned by Ernie, only channels with the little wifi symbol next to them will stream from TV Anywhere. it looks as though you are trying to stream 100 which isn't a streamable channel.

If you just want to use the app for streaming then make sure you are selecting one of the channels with that logo.

If you are wanting to use your app as a remote control, then you'll need to connect the TiVo® to your hub via an ethernet cable. The first thing to try is a complete reboot of the whole system to ensure the 'handshakes' are being made between each device. 

> Firstly turn the Hub and the TiVo® off by the mains and leave off for around 5 minutes. 
> Plug an ethernet cable into the TiVo® and hub making sure both ends are secure.
> Turn on the Superhub and allow time for it to be completely online. 
> Next power up the TiVo® and wait until you can navigate between menus without any hesitations.

This should allow the connection to be made and the little ! sign you currently have in the top right hand corner will be gone. 

Give it a go and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos