Menu
booshakker
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Insult after Injury

Hi All

I am sorry if this lands itself in the wrong area but i'm new on here (well that's the excuse I'm using and I'm sticking to it).

I don't know how any modern MEDIA company can not have an email address or a contact form on their website!!!

So, 

About 6 weeks ago the missus was watching Holby on catch-up, then "BUFFERING" appears on the screen and the heart light started to flash. The Tivo box was completely unresponsive to any command on the remote or using the front buttons after about 5 minutes I had to pull the plug and reboot it.

When it finally woke up we looked for Holby to continue where it had frozen and "On Demand" & "Catch-up" were grayed out and a message reading C130 - GREAT!

I called Virgin. A few days later the engineer arrives. The missus was in, she said he umm-ed and ahh-ed, poked and prodded at the box, had a look at the cable that comes from the street (Drop Line?) - he said that was fine. He didn't know what the issue was - so he changed the Tivo Box. I wasn't impressed as I lost all of my recordings and series link settings too.

All was grand for a couple of days and then the C130 message appeared.

On the phone to Virgin again and this time the internet has gone down too. They did their tests and told me the modem was turned off, I told them it was definitely on. They couldn't sort anything out! I asked for a credit, they gave me £7.

They arranged for an engineer to come on the Saturday 8-12, I had regular messages on my phone about it, I'd re-arranged my weekend as I was working to coincide with the engineer visit. They cancelled it as they had found a problem in the area at 4pm Friday. I got another message at 7.38 on the Saturday to say they were coming between 8-12. This happened to be the August Bank holiday weekend. No, they didn't turn up!

I got a text on the Tuesday after to say that the area fault had been fixed and everything was back to normal - Nope it was exactly the same! I rang them back.

I spoke to someone that told me he could only help me with the C130 issue and I would have to talk with another about the BB issue - 45 minutes later I came off the phone. I asked for another credit. The TV CSA told me that he couldn't authorise it as it was customer services that dealt with that. I was sure that's who I had called! Anyway, the engineer came on Saturday last week, he did the same as the first engineer with the prodding etc, then changed the Tivo box as he didn't know what the problem was!!!

He went out to the cabinet over the road and the other one round the corner, said he had to go to the office to "activate the box?". He came back then said he had no idea what was wrong and would be back this Monday.

He called on Monday afternoon and told the missus that they had identified a problem at the exchange and had now fixed it.

Writing this tonight (Tuesday PM/Wednesday AM), we now have a C133 message, NO Catch-up or On Demand, I pay for the 152mb connection and never get over 100mb anymore - we got a partial internet service on Saturday - the Tivo which we pay additional for too has been pointless in the last 6 weeks as whenever I record something and want to watch it later, an engineer takes it away. 

It was never a problem with the box so I don't know why they changed the original one as the missus was half way through her programme before it started buffering.

Considering that I pay £80 per month for my package and at no time has anyone from Virgin offered anything (additional to the £7 I asked for), for the dire level of BB & TV service over the past 6 weeks. I think its a bit of a poor show from Virgin. I've spent several hours of my time whilst paying them their monthly charge and received sweet FA in return.

You need to pull your fingers out Virgin Media. If you don't want my money, I am sure that Sky wouldn't refuse it, they might not offer 152mb download - but neither do you anymore!

If you do wish to keep me as a customer (as I've been for the past 5 years or so) then you need to sort this mess out ASAP.

I would prefer to stay with Virgin but there is only so much one can take before enough becomes enough.

I look forward to your reply (that is if my internet connection stays on)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Insult after Injury

Hi booshakker

I'm massively sorry to learn about the continued problems you've been experiencing with the TV service.

I'd really like to take a closer look at your account from our end, to allow me to do so, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information so I can do that? 

You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page. Sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing, we're looking forward to hearing from you.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos