Menu
Debbie1906
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

HD channels have no sound,thanks

Recently had virgin installed with TiVo box but there's no sound on any of the HD Channels? It's probably something I'm missing in settings?? Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD channels have no sound,thanks

Hi there Debbie1906, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having some issues with the Sound Via your TiVo® at the moment, I'd also like to welcome you to the forums. 

I'd have to ask, if you connect any sound equipment to your TiVo®? As we are aware of an issue that some customers are reporting when connecting a Sound System to the TiVo® via the optical connection. 

There are a few things that may you if this is the case, should your TV have an optical out option, then connect the sound equipment direct to the TV rather than through the TiVo®. 

Should your sound equipment have a HDMI connection, then connect this to your TV. 

Changing some settings on your TiVo® may also help - just follow the following steps on your TiVo®

Help & Setting > SettingsAudioDolby Digital>Dolby Digital to PCM

Our network technicians are working with TiVo® to get a resolution to this issue, and this will be in a future update, however I don't have any details on when this update will take place. 

Should you not be connected to any sound equipment, please let me know so I can look into things further for you. 

Apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules