Menu
Morbeous
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Getting Pi**ed off now

I left Virginmedia a couple of months back as I moved to Spain yet they keep sending me a bill for £25.09.   My final bill was paid by cheque and cashed by yourselves on 21st October 2015 so why am I getting letters from Debt Collection agencies chasing this money????  When my representative phonedshe was told that the money had not been received but I know it has as you have cashed the cheque.

Will you please update my account and stop asking for money that is not owed

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting Pi**ed off now

Much as I understand your frustration the forum team cannot deal with your complaint because of the Data Protection Act. 

If if I were you I would send a stiff letter with a copy of the front AND back of the cashed cheque, which your bank can provide by recorded delivery and ask for any expenses you've incurred to be credited to you. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

just to add what Parrotperson , you could contact virginmedia via online chat @ http://contact.virginmedia.com (using a pc/laptop), this is a rather popular service if you refresh the page every 20-30 seconds till agent is avail.
its possible the money from the cheque is being held in a temp account, not noting what account to apply it too this sadly cant be done by the forum team.

I would try and get this sorted out asap, since it could effect your credit rating and can be a right hassle for it to be removed

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Morbeous,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I'm sorry that you have received debt collection letters regarding a bill that you have already paid.

Both Parrotperson and paultechy have provided excellent advice. I am unable to look into this directly for you, due to account security; however, I can provide you with further contact detail, as you have received correspondence from a collection agency.

This way we can look into your closed account and get this investigated for you with the Credit Service Underwriters.

I'll send you a private message with further information. Please check the red envelope at the top left of this screen.

Regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos