Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2 (49 Views)

Channel 5 and BBC2 disappeared

Hi hope some one on here can be kind enough to let me know if this is something we can sort or do we need to ring Virgin?

Earlier this week we popped the TV on early about 8.00am to catch the news to be greeted with a black screen telling us the TV was doing a software update, and not to switch off the power. Ok, inconvenient but we simply caught the news on the kitchen TV.

At lunchtime the message was still there, so we could only watch TV from teatime. NB we weren't in the room the whole time so we don't know when in the afternoon  normal service resumed.

Since then BBC2 and Five have gone to who knows where? BBC2 HD can be found on 162 and Five HD is on 150

Any ideas anyone please?

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 2 of 2 (22 Views)

Re: Channel 5 and BBC2 disappeared

I'm not sure of the exact location off-hand, but there's an option in the TV Help menus of the Tivo for "I'm missing channels" which, I presume, sends a hit to your box which refreshes your channel list.

That's certainly worth a go initially - if that fails, then a check of the service status page at https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status , a box reboot, and a call to Virgin would all feature in no particular order.

0 Kudos