Menu
swantp
Settling in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Buffering on iPlayer

I've read loads of posts on this forum going back years regarding the buffering on iPlayer. Why the hell is this still happening then Virgin!? I'm a new customer since Saturday when install took place, I've had all sorts of problems! Now I settle down to watch a few programmes that I've missed due to changing from Sky to Virgin and I discover this. Great stuff Virgin, I'm starting to feel like I've made a bad decision!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buffering on iPlayer

Hi swantp,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting buffering problems with BBC iPlayer right now.  I know this isn't the best introduction to the service, I'd like to help check this out for you.

I have carried out some checks on the TiVo® remotely and all signal and power levels are spot on.  There is some high demand issues affecting the network you are connected to right now.  This will cause the buffering/picture problems using any App via the TiVo®.

I have escalated this to our network engineers to get sorted for us.  We're expecting a review by the 7th April.  

If things haven't improved by then please don't hesitate to get back in touch and request an update.  The reference number for this is F004350493.

Let me know how you get on, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos