Menu
mar10
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Buffering and Loading times

I've eventually gave up today with trying to use my Tivo in the right manner. I'm getting 25% buffering rate on most programs that fail to load and result in me trying numerous times to reload. It can take up to 10 minutes most times and sometime I need to walk away and eventually come back and retry.

Netflix & BBC iPlayer are also taking several minutes to load from hitting the red button to watching the episode. I can performance the same task on my Smart TV in 20 seconds top.

I raised this on eChat today to be told 5 minutes for my TiVo box to reload is expected, several minutes to load a Netflix program is expected and my Tivo box is performing perfectly. Even after advising that since I started using this Tivo box it's degraded up to 3 times in length of time to load that as I've had my box permanently powered up for 16 days it's the reason why it's running so bad and I should reboot the device everytime I have a performance issue. If this were the case I'd be continuously turning it on and off. I'm so close to cancelling now after this poor service. I need someone who knows what they're doing to take a look otherwise I'm away to another provider as I'm not getting what I was sold.

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buffering & Loading times

Hi mar10,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your experiencing frequent buffering when using the Apps via TiVo®, this is not good to hear.  I will be happy to help check this out for you.

I have taken a look at your box remotely and currently all signal and power levels look great.  Network wise all looks great also which is fab to see.  

A reboot can fix many things, if you're having to reboot frequently to fix the same issue over and over then I wouldn't expect this to be normal practice.  I would like to arrange for an engineer to call round and give everything a health check for you if that's ok?

I will send you a private message with details of the next steps.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos