Menu
Skiathos2402
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

BBC iPlayer

Trying to watch catch up with BBC iPlayer is a very slow process and the programmes keep stop starting.  What can I do to prevent this happening?

0 Kudos
Mr_K
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC iPlayer

Probably not a lot except reporting it as a fault.  It'll be down to over utilisation in your area  - i.e. too many customers in your area.   Long standing issue with VM ever since Tivo was introduced, and it relied on the broadband connection to stream iplayer.

You'd think they'd stop signing up punters in the areas where this is an issue (silly me !)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC iPlayer

Hi Skiathos2402,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting buffering symptoms on the BBC iPlayer via TiVo®.  I'll be happy to look at this for you.

I have carried out various checks with the box remotely, so far there is no high demand going on with the network you are connected to which is great to see.  

I did find an issue with the power levels and also an extremely high amount of time-outs on the line.  Can you please power off/on the box to refresh things for me please and let me know when this has been done?  Once you have rebooted the box I will re-check the power levels and see if this has cleared the time-outs I've seen on the line. 

Let me know how you get on, I'm here to help if oyu need me Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos