Menu
andycowl
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

BBC iPlayer unusable

In the last week, BBC iPlayer can been unusable for me. Seconds, literally, to start the application. Seconds, literally, to commence playing a program. Constant buffering and frequent 'This content appears to be unavailable' errors. I have tried the standard and Beta versions and experience problems at peak and off-peak (6am) times.

Other catchup TV services work fine. My workaround to to use my phone/Chromecast which works perfectly.

I am aware there were widespread, acknowledged (by VM) problems with iPlayer a year or so ago but the volume of these reports seem much reduced now.

Is it just me, my Tivo box or is BBC iPlayer still generally unreliable ?

Vivid 350. SH3, Asus RT-N66U.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC iPlayer unusable

Hi andycowl,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your BBC iPlayer via your TiVo®.

I've been able to run remote testing to your equipment and can see internal problems with the box. I'd like to arrange an engineer visit so that we can get this fixed for you.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Mr_K
Well-informed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC iPlayer unusable

Don't get your hopes up Andy.  I've had Tivo for years,  iPlayer has always been flaky,  search through this forum and you'll find many similar threads. I use my smart tv for iPlayer now, and its flawless.  If you can get iPlayer via any other means do so and save yourself some heartache. How VM have got away with this for years I don't know...