Menu
carlgoss
Up to speed
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Are there newer Tivos available?

I wondered if anyone was aware of more recently manufactured  Tivos?  I'm sure the Cisco ones were followed by Samsung ones, but I remember complaints at the time that the new machines were not as good?

I know the spec won't have changed (apart from wanting them cheaper no doubt!) but just thinking new builds might mean more capable components, read/write speeds etc. Didn't the US versions always perform better? If there are any hardware improvements in more recent builds it might go a little way to making my Virgin experience better than the hideously slow thing I have now? Grasping at straws really but my Tivo is getting more and more sluggish and something has got to improve (certainly by the end of contract!)

V6
200 Mbps
0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Are there newer Tivos available?

Yes, I have a Samsung Tivo box and it's been absolutely fine.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Are there newer Tivos available?

Hi there Cargoss,

Thank you for taking the time to come back to the Community Smiley Happy

With regards to your question I'd love to give you a full answer followed with an insight into your account but have been unsuccessful. I'll need some additional information.

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little red envelope near the top left of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben Smiley Happy

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos