Menu
Zzrangel30
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

500gb TiVo box rumbling!!

Hi,

I have just upgraded all of my service and part of that was to put a TiVo box in my bedroom but ever since its gone in it makes an awful rumbling sound, whilst in standby and when it's playing. I've tried padding it etc but it makes no difference. It's only been in a couple of months, does it mean I have a faulty box?

thanks

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 500gb TiVo box rumbling!!

Mine's only a couple of weeks old and it sounds like rain pattering on a plastic box. It's in the living room though so it doesn't bother me.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 500gb TiVo box rumbling!!

Hi Zzrangel30,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

It may not necessarily be a faulty box.  TiVo® does to an extent will make a low level buzzing sound the same as any Desktop/Laptop device that has a hard drive.  

If there is any buzzing or vibrating sounds that is can be heard above normal viewing levels when the TV is turned on then we can look at this further.

Given you have already tried cushioning the feet of the box on the surface this is a good way to reduce the sound of the vibrating.  

Let me know how you get on.  We're here to help if you need us.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos