Searching for something?
Emerging Talent
BtDaG

Superhub Restart World Of Warcraft PTR Patch

Hello

Every time I try to download the PTR patch for world of warcraft my Superhub restarts the connection. This is the only thing that causes the issue. I can play and patch the normal version of the game without issue.

Blizzard have been contacted about the issue and it appears to only affect Virgin Media users (as always) so it is something your end that needs fixing Virgin (again).

Any ideas?

Cheers

N.B. IMHO Virgin need to stop trying to throttling BitTorrent connections as there are clearly legit uses which you're preventing from developing just because you live in the past. You're just punishing legit users because there is a possibility that some illigit users could do something naughty. The illigit users will always get around your methods so stop wasting time and money and frustrating legit users all the time.

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
MONK_DUCK

Re: Superhub Restart World Of Warcraft PTR Patch

Hi BtDaG,

This is well documented on the forums, you're not the only one with the problem.

http://blog.gautrey.com/2011/11/virgin-media-superhub.html

The problem is with the firmware oif the superhub and in theory they are looking into it, so hopefully it will be working soon.  Though it only seems they recently started looking into it which is odd as I've found numerous reports from upto about six months back.

Please use plain text.
Dr. Yes
John_O

Hi BtDaG,

We are currently collecting examples of customers reporting these issues, I have added your details to the ticket which we will escalate to the firmware team (once we have enough examples). The reference number for the ticket is F001797677. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing you.

Regards,

John O

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
matfeasey

I have had the same problem on many occasions, last time I attempted to contact Virgin, I was put through to a Bangalorian who was attempting to reset my Wireless connection info as she thought I was talking about a PS3 Game....even though I said I was on a wired connection.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
matfeasey

Had the same issues back in patch 4.2, that was fixed then, I don't understand Virgin's reluctance now.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
matfeasey

Patch 4.3 today, exact same problems again, have been reading about a lot of fixes for this but have tried all of them until today.

I logged on to the hub 192.168.0.1 and went to advanced and set the hub to modem mode, connected one PC to the first port closest to the power cable, then connected and updated, this did not have any problems what so ever.

I now can only connect to the internet from one PC and have no wireless, I have read though that you can connect to the router again via 192.168.100.1 to change it back.

The rebooting does bother me, but not as much as having to reset all the passwords and wireless key each time.

I really do hope there is a fix for this soon, as it is getting beyond the joke.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
dan-iel91

Exact same problem as these guys -

Constant disconnects when using WoW patcher.

But I have tried that tip you just gave matfeasey and it appears to be working as it's downloading fine now.

It's a shame we have go to these lengths but hey at least I can log on. Cheers mate.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Apoxis

Same here i am not very happy at all, the main reason i pay for a 50mb connection is so i can game.

Please use plain text.
Forum Manager (Retired)
Mark_Retired

Here's an update on this issue (F001797677). We've been talking to our partners Netgear about this, they've identified what's causing this problem with the Super Hub and they're currently investigating a fix to be included in a future firmware update.

In the meantime we've confirmed that as a workaround for this problem you can connect directly to your Super Hub in Modem Mode to download these files without causing reboots.

As soon as we have more news on this we'll post an update on the forum, sorry for the inconvience.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Angelspawn666

Thats just it saying you will fix it and doing it is two totaly diffrent things.. I've had this issue for a year now and im sick after ever week ringing a tech up to come and repair it... wouldnt it be easyer to give all customers a better router that acatuly works and take the old once back. and soon before i deside to take a 15lb lump hammer to mine. 

Please use plain text.