Brainbox
gstevie

Humble suggestion for superhub replacement

Just saw this, think it should be forwarded to the powers that be! http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/13/netgear-melds-802-11ac-wifi-with-cable-modem/
Please use plain text.
Superuser
Swt4ajp

Re: Humble suggestion for superhub replacement

but going by netgears previous attempts at the cable modem side of the business and also the adsl side i wouldnt trust them any more

Thanks
I do not work for Virgin Media, All advice is given at your own risk. Im A Computer Tech/Network Engineer If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Helpful Answer. | Connection Problems Check Here | Forum changes | Blackburnnet | GamesUnited | How to Test Your Speed | Blackburnnet on Facebook | GamesUnited on Twitter | VM SmartCall App
Please use plain text.
Brainbox
carlgoss

Re: Humble suggestion for superhub replacement

[ Edited ]

From a different forum;-

A few concerns have been raised regarding the performance of the Superhub, and these have been addressed in the pending firmware update, which is currently undergoing beta testing, (having already been successfully tested internally).

I'll be honest with you and say that I am not certain if the failure to login to the configuration pages is a Superhub fault or not. As you can achieve this by rebooting into safe mode, then it could be a security software issue on your pc. 

We'll wait for the release of the R36 firmware and if that doesn't resolve your problem, let us know and we'll investigate further for you.

Kind Regards,

Jen

Help & Support Forum Team
------------------
I had years of Netgear Nightmares. In my business, their routers hitting the bin on a regular basis. They had a fabulous ability to conk out a few months after warranty, which infuriated me. But I was always suprised that both Sky and Virgin used them. The wireless on my Superhub is awful, and now are we to believe that it's got issues over the speed doubling? 
As the American says in Fawlty Towers 'what a bunch of c***!!'
Tivo 1TB
100 Mbps (well 50 in truth)
V+
Please use plain text.