Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
davemclean

bbc iplayer very slow

My BBC iplayer seems to take ages to load, and then the programme stops and starts repeatedly, as does the you tube app, any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Scott_C

Re: bbc iplayer very slow

Hi davemclean,

We have had reports of this from some customers since 15.2 software was deployed to the TiVo boxes. The two issues have been raised on two separate fault reference numbers:  NKE670 for the BBC iplayer and  NKE1118 for the Youtube issue.

Regards

Scott_C
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
davemclean

how long will this take to be sorted please, any idea? :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Scott_C

Hi davemclean,

Both tickets are currently under investigation with the relevant engineering departments at present so we don't have any time of fix in place only estimated times of fix which will usually be put back.

Regards

Scott_C
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker
Please use plain text.
gtt
Crafty
gtt

I've just added my own complaint using a "Survey monkey" link from  the message at the top of this forum asking for "feedback". Even while typing, the iPlayer programme I was testing to see if it had improved promptly froze and I've now got the annoying circle to look at.

It is totally hopeless. I'll be on the phone in the morning to complain about it (avoiding, I hope, the equally hopeless Indian call centre).

Sky are becoming an increasingly attractive option.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
speajc

The iPlayer service is totally unuseable!!  I've just been trying to watch Eastenders on catchup and the entire show just frooze and broke up constantly, with the spinning circle on screen more than the actual show.

Half way through the show the spinning circle lasted appeared for about 60 seconds before iPlayer returned to the start of the show!!  How totally useless, we pay for this service and I'm having to resort to using iPlayer via my Nintendo Wii!  

Did nobody bother to test the iPlayer function before rolling out the new software update?!

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
rambo

V.M . Got same fault Merseyside looks like its growing,missed eastenders thought, i know use catch up whent back in tv guide 1 day found prog pressed o k how dissapointed was i just took an age to load.I dont use it as a rule THANK GOD,I cant believe were still getting this problem i thought the 10 meg bb tivo has would sort this.For what i use my 2 tivos for am happy ish (streaming would be nice ) am just glad i stay away from i player and vod.If its being fixed because there is a problem VM can ya let us know thanks..

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
dh020s2601

bbc iplayer is not only slow but appears to lock up on installation gave up after 5mins of watching the rotating icon.

If the ITV player if it should arrive is as bad, I will use my IPad with wireless link bridge to our TV's.

After having my 3 week old TiVo replaced,after a complete failiure due to intermittant access to all tv channels, I think the release of an American Cisco product without due attention to detail is a sorry failure by VM.

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
rambo

Same here just checked not loading at all same as you,2 constant green lights in M/side...

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
danstaines

Same here in Cambridgeshire - its been getting steadily worse about the last month or so (wasn't a problem the first couple of weeks I had my Tivo box). It now takes about 30 secs to actually get from the TiVo menu to iPlayer playing, and it almost always hangs at the start and probably once every 5-10 mins (pause/unpause seems to get it restarting most of the time though). Given that I usually use iPlayer for the kids, its extremely frustrating, especially compared to the reliability of the old V+ box, so we're all keenly looking forward to a fix!

Please use plain text.