Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
GerryF

Tivo OR Loyalty Discount!

Just got an email to take up the discounted £149.95 TIVO box.

HOWEVER, as a loyal customer for many years I have accrued a substantial loyalty

Discount, so I rang customer services to see what would happen to this.

I was advise that if I took up the TIVO offer I would lose all my Loyalty discount; so,

not being prepared to do this I will have to sadly pass on the TIVO offer. 

I am very unhappy with this, I have been a loyal customer for many years, and would

like to take advantage of the TIVO deal I am offered because of this, but I cannot without

incurring a large cost. I tried to find an email address for customer services to ask for

confirmation of this unfair situation, but cannot find one. Please can someone at Virgin

confirm or deny this. I can't believe any company would treat loyal customers so badly.

Gerry.

Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

Re: Tivo OR Loyalty Discount!

[ Edited ]
A loyal customer pays full price :d
No longer registered
Please use plain text.
Good to Know
gregory8391

What a load of Tosh!

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
beneaton4

I got the same e-mail. Was about to go for the order when I saw your post - what do you mean by loyalty discount? Do you mean the saving for having a package of everything on XL?

Win 8.1 Update 1 Pro
Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe
Intel Core i5-3750K
OCZ Vector 256GB
Bitfenix Prodigy Arctic White
Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

beneaton4 wrote:

I got the same e-mail. Was about to go for the order when I saw your post - what do you mean by loyalty discount? Do you mean the saving for having a package of everything on XL?

No. Loyalty discounts are those given by Customer Relations when people say they are leaving to go to another provider. They specifically say 'Loyalty' on the bill

In some respects they are mis-named

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Superuser
Ernie_C

I agree that they should actually be called DISLOYALTY discounts but don't really see how they should be an impediment to taking up the TiVo offer. After all, surely you are just asking billing to add a one-off £149.95 charge and an extra £3 per month TiVo charge.

Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

Tivo is like nothing else out there.  With the v+ you can threaten to go to sky and get a "blackmail discount" as its a similar product but the Tivo isnt.

No longer registered
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
chrisjames

I have just ordered a Tivo installation online and get loyalty discounts.  Phoned VirginMedia after reading this and the man assured me I will not lose my discounts (over £20!) When I told him the contents of this forum he did say he would check. I was put through to someone else who said that the only charge monthly would be £3 (already acknowledged) and my discounts would remain.

Please use plain text.
Wizard
GregC

Sky's more of a similar product to V+ than Tivo??

Get real, with Sky you can watch many more TV programmes not available to either V+ or Tivo, who have the same selection to choose from.

Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

Oh yeah forgot virgin doesn't have the god channel+1HD and wedding tv LOL
No longer registered
Please use plain text.