Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
Daniel97

TiVo in cupboard?

If I put my TiVo box away in a cupboard. Big aerated cupboard. Box won't be damaged! How can I still control it with the remote. Obviously I need IR signal? Can I just buy a cheap IR extender cable on eBay for like £2? I'm a bit confused! Any links to any that work?
Please use plain text.
Superuser
AMWSmith

Re: TiVo in cupboard?

Have you got a iPhone/iPad or iPod touch?

If so you can controle the Tivo with a App called Peanut or Peanut plus. but you will need to connet you tivo to your home network.

Tony.
2X TiVo 500G (TV XL) 152Mb BB & Weekend Calls.
Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
ozsat

Or buy a TiVo bluetooth slide remote - it just has a few buttons difference and easy to get around.

---
TiVo (MRS)
152Meg BB
Sky 3D/Anytime+
VM Telephone
Please use plain text.
Crafty
treefitty

Agreed cheap remote extender, Ipad/Iphone app or american slider remote will all work.

I would like to add "Drill big hole in cupboard door" also as a solution!

LOL Have fun
Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
Daniel97

Lol thanks for the replies. Drill hole is not an option. Albeit a slightly more exciting way to get my TV to work lol! iPad, iPhone - great. For me only. Everyone else is less tech savvy and not an option. Slide remote. Great. £50 and it has one or 2 buttons missing though .. Any other options? I don't want any of these big plug in set ups just literally an IR sensor attached to a cable that plugs direct into my TiVo box. Do they exist?
Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
zeke

Yeah, I want to put my TiVo in the cupboard under the TV too, keep things tidy.  But as far as I know there's no cheap IR repeater device, it's a case of getting a Marmitek IR Extender thing, which seems to retail for around £20-30 depending on where you look.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Samsung LE32C530, Virgin Media TiVo, Acer Revo R3610 HTPC 4TB, Xbox 360 Halo Slim, Sony PS2HDD, Sony STR-DE595 Home Cinema Amp
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
wbjohn

I have a sideboard type cupboard in the alcove next to my chimney breast with all my av equipment in etc TiVo, av amp ps2, ps3, wii, xbox the heat generated was obsene obviously so I cut out large sections of the rear of the cupboard, all works fine. As for the control of the equipment I have an SLX ir extender cost about £25 all connected to the tv via hdmi.
Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
zeke

Which one?  A quick Amazon search just revealed those compatible with Sky RF gear, not just a general purpose "all IR signals from room 1 to room 2" two-way piece.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Samsung LE32C530, Virgin Media TiVo, Acer Revo R3610 HTPC 4TB, Xbox 360 Halo Slim, Sony PS2HDD, Sony STR-DE595 Home Cinema Amp
Please use plain text.