Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
dangerousdon

Recording from Tivo to DVD

On the V+ Box there was a facility for recording to a DVD, how is this done from the tivo box? 

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Collette_T

Re: Recording from Tivo to DVD

Hello Dangerousdon,

At present there is no facility to be able to archive anything from the TiVo box to a DVD recorder. 

Thanks.

Collette
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
calluml

You can do this by connecting the TiVo SCART to your DVD recorder and then recording while you play back the programme on the TiVo. You can leave it to record over night if you don't want to wait.

I understand this is not as sophisticated as the V+ box, but as a former Sky+ user, it's how they have done it for years. I never found it that big an issue.
Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
egansmind

I can see that being blocked shortly !!! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
kcb3010

Hi

Should the scart output be activated automatically? I ask this as I have a small recorder that I used with my V+ to record programs off it. I tried this on the Tivo over the weekend bu it just says it is getting no input signal (from the Tivo).

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Superuser
PrinterElf

[ Edited ]

kcb3010 wrote:

Hi

Should the scart output be activated automatically? I ask this as I have a small recorder that I used with my V+ to record programs off it. I tried this on the Tivo over the weekend bu it just says it is getting no input signal (from the Tivo).

Thanks

Hi kcb3010,

It would seem logical that as the TiVo box is intended to replace any additional recording devices so doesn't have a VCR port, and it is first and foremost an HD system, if there's an active HDMI connection, then there's no need for it to activate the SCART connection.

Your best bet may be to disconnect the HDMI connection to your TV, connect the display via SCART, set up the programme you wish to record externally, and then plug the external recorder in instead of the TV before hitting Play. Or if the external recorder has the capability, use it as a pass-through to see what you're doing on the TV via SCART. Either way, I would expect the TiVo box to prioritise the HDMI connection over SCART, so if it's in use then SCART will be disabled.

Loc: PR4 1, TV: XL+SkyHD, BB: 100Mbps
2x 1TB TiVo: {15.3.1.RC3-VMC-2-C00}
SuperHub: R37 {Modem mode}
I don't work for VM, and I don't plan to!
Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread (or if you're feeling brave, RTFM! :smileywink:)
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos + button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Please use plain text.
Boffin
mikerr

You can archive an entire folder (over SCART to DVD or whatever) by playing an entire folder at once:

Press play when the folder is selected in my shows,

and it will automatically play all the recordings in that folder back to back

(in date order, oldest first)

Original TiVo owner since 2001 - still in use! , V+ not missed, VM TiVo since Feb 2011

Daily tip: Press CLEAR on remote to quickly delete a recording or entire folder.
Read the manual: tivo_complete_guide.pdf
Please use plain text.
The Sorter
jethrouk

kcb3010 wrote:

Hi

Thanks

Although you are using scart socket this is a bug caused by HDMI handshaking issue

The moment you switch off the TV the Tivo detects this via HDMI feedaback and stops outputting (to all outputs including scart)

The way to fool Tivo is to switch your TV source/channel away from Tivo HDMI before you switch the TV off - then Tivo will still keep outputting even with TV off

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
jethrouk

[ Edited ]

PrinterElf wrote:

Your best bet may be to disconnect the HDMI connection to your TV, connect the display via SCART, set up the programme you wish to record externally, and then plug the external recorder in instead of the TV before hitting Play. Or if the external recorder has the capability, use it as a pass-through to see what you're doing on the TV via SCART. Either way, I would expect the TiVo box to prioritise the HDMI connection over SCART, so if it's in use then SCART will be disabled.

You dont need to do any of that - just switch TV source/channel away from Tivo HDMI before you switch TV off - this will fool Tivo into continuing outputting to scart

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
Sarge

You sholdn't even have to do that. I have tivo connected to my Hitachi tv by HDMI and an AV sender connected to the scart. As long as the TV is off or on standby the sender works perfect, if the TV is on then the picture & sound through the sender comes and goes and eventually stops all together.If that happens all I do is put the TV on standby and switch the sender off then on again and it works great!!  Should be the same no matter what is connected to the scart!

Please use plain text.