Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Brainbox
danmeah

RT (Russia today)

Does anyone know if RT is on the basic tv packages? And if not is virgin planning on getting it?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
stephen4x

Re: RT (Russia today)

it's not even listed on the full package sadly. Only decent news channel I would actually watch. Hopefully it iwll be available one day but who knows.

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
mr_pete

Nope, but it's on Freeview - so if you have an antennae and Freeview TV/box, just plug it in :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Faz
Boffin
Faz

+1 for RT
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Littlemissfox

I have only just noticed that RT is not listed on my TiVo box (I usually watch this channel from another TV, hence me only just noticing this) and I am disgusted. If I knew this I would have never signed up to Virgin. 
This channel is available on freeview so I can only assume Virgin have chosen not to offer it. The fact that this is the only news channel not controlled by the banking and finance sectors and that actually gives you the real news and Virgin are not offering it says a lot about Virgin. This stinks. 

Please use plain text.
Superuser
nodrogd

There are financial costs to Virgin for every channel it carries, whether that channel happens to be FTA on other platforms or not.

You can only ask & wait with your fingers crossed.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: XL TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), XL Telco, 100Mb BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Mr_K

[ Edited ]

yes I can't get enough of Russia Today  -  I record it 24/7  -  and keep watching reruns of it.......:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
julchip

RT and Al Jazeera were not on virgin but if you switched to Freeview channels it was there - BUT now the Virgin box is blocking these 2 Freeview Channels.  I can go to my other TV that is not on Virgin and they are still there. I can only imagine this is a political decision.  So I am really saddened by Virgin. Are they cowering to US pressure in their desire to function in the US?

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
julchip

RT and Al Jazeera were not on virgin but if you switched to Freeview channels it was there - BUT now the Virgin box is blocking these 2 Freeview Channels.  I can go to my other TV that is not on Virgin and they are still there. I can only imagine this is a political decision.  So I am really saddened by Virgin. Are they cowering to US pressure in their desire to function in the US?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
dannylau

julchip wrote:

The Virgin box is in no way capable of blocking freeview channels and indeed I'm pretty sure it would be illegal for it to do so, I suggest you retune your freeview box

Please use plain text.