cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media HUB 5

Gazzamius
On our wavelength

Hi Techies

I presently have a VM HUB 3 .... will the HUB 5 ... if I ask VM nicely to send me one without upgrading to a faster service or entering into anew 18 Month contract.  ???

kind regards   Gaz

5 REPLIES 5

Gazzamius
On our wavelength

that should have read  will the HUB 5 work on my current VM account.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All VM hubs will work on any account, but highly unlikely that you can get a Hub5. Slim possibility that you may be offered a Hub4.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Better still put the Hub3 in modem mode and connect it to your own better router from Asus etc

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Gazzamius
On our wavelength

Yep.  tried that. with a TP-Link Archer AX11000 Gaming Router, but was having lots of issues  with CCTV connectivity. too much stutter and dropouts for my liking.  changed back to virgin media Hub 3 as wireless router. and now works perfectly.  but would like an upgrade to Hub 5.

Gazzamius
On our wavelength

Hi Community ...  I have learned a few things over the past few days.  and CardiffMan I reconnected my archer AX11000 and using virgin HUB 3 as WAN.  (Modem Mode)  after realising it was the Browser extensions and glitchware causing all the stutter on my CCTV.  tried Chrome, Edge,Firefox, etc...  all the same.  finally using HIKVISION dedicated program IVMS-4200 for CCTV.  had it on for hours and not a single Dropout, Stutter or jerk. My router supports Wi-Fi 6.  so I now have my old setup back with a vengeance.  Kudos to all you techie people out there.  Gaz