Menu
valerie99
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM Site

The VM website on my computer is having "essential work" carried out on it. This has been ongoing for nearly a week now. Any idea when it will be completed or is this just a standard message to fob me off? Answers please.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Site

Hello valerie99,

Thanks for joining us on the Community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that you're struggling with your homepage. As far as I know our website is up and running. Would you please attach a screen shot so I can see what error you're getting.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Do follow the advice above. But there is something else you can try. Clear your browser cache and cookies (Google this if you don't know how). That often sorts. What your browser is doing is picking up and displaying an old page that you must have had once, instead of fetching the new page which is working OK.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Valerie2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Heather,

I finally managed to get through to one of VM's tech team in India  who was very helpful indeed. She took over my screen and guided me all the way through until the problem was resolved. Hopefully I shan't need to bother the community with this problem again. 

0 Kudos