cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to network other devices connect

wood296
On our wavelength

I have just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Book 3 and cannot connect to my home WiFi network. I identify the WiFi and put in the security key only to be told i cannot connect to the network.

It will connect to WiFi at my friend's house (Sky WiFi) all my other gadgets, Ring doorbell, mobile phone and old laptop are connected to my WiFi and working fine. Tech support have been unable to help and advised me to upgrade my WiFi speed which i did but I am still getting the 'cant connect to network ' message. I was then encouraged to buy Virgin's gadget support service having upgraded my speed and agreed to an 28 month contract i am reluctant to sign up for this service as other than this issue i am unlikely to use it. The new 'laptop' is proving to be costly!

All drivers/software up to date. Any ideas, never had this problem before?

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This business of "upgrade your speed to fix this" really, really annoys me.  It's not a solution.  

However, what Hub are you using?  Are you using the correct Wifi password for the Hub and not the settings password? Can you check this Samsung Wifi protocol is set to b/g/n/ac/ax ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Your point about 'upgrading your speed to fix issues' is absolutely valid, in fact I'd argue that it is blatant mis-selling, which is illegal, and it has been going on for some time and VM's management appear to not bothered about this. And why not, they get extra money from it, no?

Tell me, have you ever thought of telling Kai that you are not longer prepared to be a VIP member, because you don't want to be associated with a company which condones such an action? And VM do, absolutely do, condone this, please, look at the history of customers posting similar issues.

However, we are missing the important point here,

"I was then encouraged to buy Virgin's gadget support service having upgraded my speed and agreed to an 28 month contract"

What the heck? If there is a text book definition of 'ripping a customer off', this is it, no?

Adduxi, I don't know your particular circumstances, but having read you posts, you seem to be an honourable and informative person, why then do you toe the VM line?

wood296
On our wavelength

Thank you for your reply. I cancelled the upgrade and took the laptop back for a refund i was told ( not by Virgin or Samsung) that there had been some issues with some new laptops not connecting to Virgin. As it was a new laptop i was still at startup  (following the startup wizard) i was unable to access anything on the laptop re settings as i couldn't get past screen  three at startup which was connect to WiFi. I'm very disappointed as it took me a long time to choose the right laptop for me, it was almost £1000 and i had to return it. It would connect to my friends WiFi, which is SKY. Samsung tech advice actually told me to return it to the shop. Virgin tech advice wanted me to subscribe to their gadget assistance plan!

wood296
On our wavelength

I agree i did feel i was just being encouraged to upgrade and buy the gadget service had I've been with Virgin for over 20 years and have noticed over this time the customer service decline.