Menu
firstpeterfoure
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

tv anywhere on kindle fire

Hello Virgin Media Community

Is the tv anywhere app working correctly on any amazon kindle fire devices ... can you see/use  the enable/disable subtitles and audio description (AD) icons?

The info I have so far is....

1st and 2nd Gen devices will not work as they do not run  OS4

3rd Gen HD and HDX running OS4.5.5.2 will run the app but the subtitles and AD functions are not visible and cannot therefore be enabled/disabled ...

This leaves the 4th / 5th / 6th Gen devices running OS5

Is anyone with these devices able to use tv anywhere with subtitles and AD icons visible and functioning correctly?

Has Virgin tested the latest updated version of tv anywhere on any of these devices?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

Peter

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv anywhere on kindle fire

Hi firstpeterfoure,

I believe I've already responded to your post within a separate thread regarding this.

Really very sorry to hear that your Kindle is no longer working with TV Anywhere.

We are no longer supporting the below Kindle Fire devices. This is because they don’t have enough processing power to run the new version of the app:

- Kindle Fire (2012) 2nd gen model # KFOT 

- Kindle Fire HD 7” (2012) model # KFJA (WAN) + KFJWI (WiFi) 

- Kindle Fire (2012) HD 8.9” model # KFAPWA (WAN) KFAPWI (Wi-Fi)

In order for TV Anywhere to work you also need to have a minimum of Android 4.1 OS and these models are on Android 4.0.3. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

We're also aware of a known issue affecting customers in regards to TV Anywhere subtitles. As of today, this should now be resolved.

Thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know