Menu
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

my shows tivo only 11% and 10% before space very little recordings

im not complaining about my box going wrong because the results i have come back are fine but the recordings i only recorded 8 full programmes and when i read what it read it was 10% and the recording space bar was very little and i recorded a few lastnight and it changed to 11% and the space is very little but i got told buy the engineer i recorded loads of programmes and xmas ones and i dont think it filled the recording space up either i think the results for my last box it was something like 12 % and then proberly changed to 14% and he also added if you put loads of recordings on the box it can cause problems with the box going wrong so i will try and see what number it goes up to cheers from jonni

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: my shows tivo only 11% and 10% before space very little recordings

Hi Jonni,

I've responded to another of your post. Just to let you know on this post, that I am testing your TiVo® and have sent you a private message regarding that issue. 

Having 12%-14% usage of the TiVo® hard-drive is pretty good. My own TiVo® at home was up to 92% and started deleting programmes that I hadn't set KUID (keep until I delete) on. I've since gone through and cleaned My Recordings out and it's now back down to 56% and working fine. So it is true that the more full your TiVo® hard-drive is, the chances of it deleting programmes to make space for future recordings does happen. But I wouldn't be worried unless you're almost at full capacity percentage (80-90%). 

If you notice programmes deleting or problems with your TiVo® box when you are at 14%, please let me know--just respond to the message I've sent you regarding your other post. 

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Tags (1)