Menu
peterofware
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

how do I get Sky sport or movies, silverlight replaced by desktop video player

I haven't tried to access Skye sport/movie/news channel via my laptop for several weeks. Last time I needed Silverlight and I could then access Skye TV. Now it tells  - Sky video player - I downloaded this , actually "sports-installer".  It then told me that "this app cannot run on this PC" - W10 laptop.

How can I get Sky software which will run on my PC please.

Cheers,

Peter Byford

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: how do I get Sky sport or movies, silverlight replaced by desktop video player

Hi peterofware,

Thanks for posting.

I have added a link here with suggestions and could help with this problem so please let me know how you get on.

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
peterofware
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: how do I get Sky sport or movies, silverlight replaced by desktop video player

Rose,

Thanks for this but that information is out of date.

I spent hours wasting time talking to mainly useless VM support people who made useless suggestions. Eventually somebody from Swansea noticed that he had a notification stating that the new Sky software allowing VM customers to watch Sky channels on laptops etc. doesn't work. Apparently VM and Sky staff are working on it. 

It seems very few support staff read their internal messages. I was speaking to another TS person yesterday about something else and asked if the problem was resolved yet  - he then rabbitted on about what I might try - when I could a get a word in, I told him to read his internal messages and found the one telling him about the problem. How long? Probably try in a week or so he said - they might let you know.

Thinking of moving to another supplier. VM have some compensation to pay for this mess.

Cheers,

Peter

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peter,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Sky released an updated version of their player on 18th August. This update should have cleared most issues that were present in the previous version.

Have you downloaded the new version of Sky player?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
peterofware
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh,

Still doesn't work. I checked and this version is the one I originally downloaded. Still comes up with message "This app won't run on your PC"

Any other bright ideas please.

Regards,

Peter 

0 Kudos