Menu
Stray11
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

device not detected

I am trying to access Virgin TV Anywhere on a desktop computer and keep getting the message that my device could not be detected. The only other device I have registered is my ipad so I know there is an available slot. I have ensured both flash player and java are up to date and have tried using IE, Chrome and Firefox but none have worked. I have also deleted the internet browsing/cache history as suggested in other posts.

Can anybody help with my problem?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: device not detected

Hi Stray11,

Thanks for your post and apologies that things are not working for you currently. 

I would first off stay away from using Chrome as this browser won't work with TV Anywhere due to being unsupported. 

The first thing we need to do is make sure there is no trace of TV Anywhere on your PC. Go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My profile > My Devices and make sure your device isn't already here. 

Once that is done, on each of the browsers, delete the cache, cookies and history completely. Then open Internet Explorer. Go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > on Now > Channel 4. Attempt to stream this channel.

It should then ask you to register your device. Follow the on screen prompts to do this. 

Has this made any difference? 

If not let me know the make and model of your PC. 

Thanks, 

P.S - Welcome to the forums Smiley Very Happy

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos