Menu
wood0002
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Total rubbish, TV on the go,

I travel a lot for work, and every time I am away I try and use TV anywhere to watch the football on BT, every time it starts and then you get the error message, restart, so you do and then 5 attempts later you get back on, only to fail again 5 mins later. I tend to believe it is a volume thing, Virgin cannot cope with too many users so they bump people off. Then I followed some advice on here and deleted the android app and reinstalled, now of course I have to register, but of course I cannot as I have no changes left this month even though it is the same f'ing tablet, first thing back on Thursday I am ringng to cancel and moving to sky for my TV, broadband and phone, shame on you virgin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Total rubbish, TV on the go,

Hi wood0002,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy It's great to have you here and I can only apologise for the continued issues you are having. 

We have been working on this and as well as making changes in the background to help relieve things, we've also tried increasing the capacity hoping this would fix things. 

It looks as though we need to go back to the drawing board so we are trying a new approach as everything we are currently doing doesn't seem to be working Smiley Sad

We are looking to try and identify any trends with the errors you are getting against the devices or OS you are using. Can you come back to me with the following:
> What is the Full make and Model of your device?
> What is the OS Version?
> What is the EXACT error message you are getting?

I have gone into the account and added a device change for you to re-register your device again. Make sure you remove the original registration first though to free up a slot. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up the TV Anywhere app and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device. 

Follow the prompts on the app and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Come back and let me know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos