Menu
silveryfox
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TV anywhere app Android - unusable since update

I have a Kindle Fire and used to have few problems using the TV anywhere app.

Since the latest update it has become virtually unusable.

When you go through the guide to watch a programme, you click on the channel and nothing happens.

Found the only way to fix it is to completely uninstall the app and then reinstall it. This doesn't always work and tonight have had to do it 3 times to get it to work. It then takes you to the device registration page but all you need to do is click the back button and then the stream works.

It also tends to crash after a couple of hours and flags a message about sending a log. This results in again having to uninstall and reinstall.

If you look at all the recent reviews on Amazon app store they are all 1 star and everyone is complaining about the same issue so I know it is not just me.

Since the latest update on the app store it appears to have made the app useless for most people.

I have also contacted the developers through the Amazon app store but they have been of little help trying to blame the OS on the Kindle Fire (which is fully up to date) . They seem unwilling or unable to admit there is a problem.

I pay a lot of money each month for the services and I expect them to work. If they don't I expect them to be fixed quickly and this has gone on for a few weeks and it isn't acceptable.

If you have a Kindle and haven't updated the app then don't.

Thanks for reading.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV anywhere app Android - unusable since update

Hi silveryfox,

I'm really sorry to hear your Kindle is no longer working with TV Anywhere since updating the app. 

We are no longer supporting the below Kindle Fire devices. This is because they don’t have enough processing power to run the new version of the app.

- Kindle Fire (2012) 2nd gen model # KFOT 

- Kindle Fire HD 7” (2012) model # KFJA (WAN) + KFJWI (WiFi) 

- Kindle Fire (2012) HD 8.9” model # KFAPWA (WAN) KFAPWI (Wi-Fi)

In order for TV Anywhere to work you also need to have a minimum of Android 4.1 OS and these models are on Android 4.0.3. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos