Menu
gav_hay
Dialled in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere - Update on 'Connection Has Timed Out' problem

If you are trying to access TV Anywhere on a PC or laptop whilst away from home (and therefore away from your VM broadband network) you will probably be getting the message the 'Connection Has Timed Out' (on Firefox) or 'We can't reach this page' (on Edge).

I have spent almost an hour on the phone to VM this afternoon explaining exactly what the problem is (again!). The VM service agent insisted on carrying out dozens of pointless checks many of which were carried out by a VM service agent on Saturday when I first called to report this issue. Eventually, after finding no solution, the service agent was told by a manager that an email had been sent to all VM staff confirming that there is a problem with accessing TV Anywhere from outside the VM network i.e. using 3rd party broadband providers. The problem has been allocated fault reference number F004243297 and it is scheduled to be fixed between 10pm and 12am tonight.

Whilst I am not naive enough to think it will actually fixed by midnight tonight, the mere fact that someone at VM has now understood and acknowledged the problem is progress of sorts. So watch this space - just don't try watching this space using TV Anywhere!  

Neotalot
Tuning in
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere - Update on 'Connection Has Timed Out' problem

Thanks for the update, I was beginning to lose the will etc, as the progress bar moved 2cm and then froze on Thursday and hasn't moved since!!

0 Kudos
geometer
Tuning in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for spending the time to try to sort this out. I'm glad you have the patience to deal with these people.
0 Kudos
barman58
Tuning in
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Still having same issue as of a few minutes ago ... looks like the estimate of a fix was a bit hopeful
If you solve your issue - post back - It may help others
0 Kudos
gav_hay
Dialled in
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Yep, still the same for me. The fault reference that I mentioned above does not appear on my 'Service Status' page so the only way to get an update is to call VM. Having spent getting on for 2 hours on the phone to VM over the last 3-4 days, it is all very tiresome.

0 Kudos
barman58
Tuning in
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

This gives a hint that the issue occurrs once the packet stream gets to a VM router at 212.43.162.54

Tracing route to anywhere.virginmedia.com [62.254.123.69]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 4 ms 9 ms 4 ms 213.1.118.205
6 10 ms 10 ms 10 ms 213.1.78.14
7 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms 87.237.20.136
8 11 ms 10 ms 10 ms linx-gw1.router.ntli.net [195.66.224.22]
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 16 ms 16 ms 28 ms brhm-bb-1c-ae1-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.254.42.210]
13 * * 16 ms brhm-apm-1-in.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.174.222]
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 15 ms 24 ms 17 ms brhm-bb-1c-ae12-20.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.174.217]
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 20 ms 18 ms 28 ms manc-bb-1d-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.254.42.118]
19 19 ms 19 ms 19 ms know-dcore-1b-pc1.network.virginmedia.net [212.43.162.54]
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

May help to start looking where basic tests indicate

If you solve your issue - post back - It may help others
0 Kudos
manmanman999
Tuning in
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Im having this same issue on my windows 7 laptop on firefox. The connection has timed out

was told the same by virgin on the phone last night that it is an issue with not beign online on a virgin connection.

i looked it up on my sons laptop this morning (windows 10 microsoft edge browser) and was able to access the Live TV page. 

i dont want to register his laptop as my 2nd device

my android app is able to stream channels on the same (sky) internet connection but since it wont allow BT sport to stream i cant watch the champions league.

0 Kudos
gav_hay
Dialled in
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

manmanman999 wrote:

Im having this same issue on my windows 7 laptop on firefox. The connection has timed out

was told the same by virgin on the phone last night that it is an issue with not beign online on a virgin connection.

i looked it up on my sons laptop this morning (windows 10 microsoft edge browser) and was able to access the Live TV page. 

i dont want to register his laptop as my 2nd device

my android app is able to stream channels on the same (sky) internet connection but since it wont allow BT sport to stream i cant watch the champions league.

My laptop is Windows 10 and the TV Anywhere page times out on Edge, Firefox and IE. Whatever the underlying cause of the issue, it seems that it does occasionally let people log in. I managed to log in late Sunday evening for the first time since last Wednesday. As a test, I immediately logged out, tried to log back in and was timed out.

0 Kudos
manmanman999
Tuning in
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

yeah so i tried it again on his laptop and the live channels wont connect. 

this is pretty pathetic. 

if the BT channels would stream on my phone that would do in the meantime

the sky apps let me log in as a virgin customer but the BT apps wont allow that

so im stuck

0 Kudos
gav_hay
Dialled in
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Yep, I'm in the same boat. I've been away from home since last Tuesday and have been unable to watch anything on TV Anywhere (but in particular the football on BT Sport) since then.

In the very unlikely event that the problem is fixed during the day, it's bound to fall over again as soon as coverage of the Arsenal v Barcelona game on BT Sport starts tonight.

0 Kudos